View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Impacted, horizontal wisdom tooth please help. Pain

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could help me. my face swelled up and I was told I have an abcess and it was probably the impacted wisdom tooth. Was placed on penicillin vk for 7 days and an appointment was made for it to be cut out with oral sedation. Three weeks later I had the surgery. That was exactly 14 days ago. I've been stressing to the max since then the surgery went great I don't recall anything really felt good that day. The day after surgery I was in extreme pain to the point of rolling around and crying in bed. This continued for 8 days straight. I've seen two different dentist since day 10 and both of them took a quick look in my mouth and said everything looks like it's healing nicely. My question is, is it normal to STILL be in pain? It's nothing that 400 milligrams of Ibprophen can't handle but I'm 14 days post op and still not sleeping through the night. Also, my face is just a small amount swollen (others wouldn't notice by I do) the pain sometimes goes all the way into my ear and from my temple down to my jawline. Also, there is still a small hole in my gums and sometimes yellowish clear stuff comes out of my socket that tastes salty. I returned to both dentist and one out me back on penicillin vk and the other said it doesn't look like I have an infection and I'm still healing nicely. When I asked about the pain he said maybe TMJ? I've had other teeth pulled including my right wisdom tooth and tookayne two ibprophens and was back to normal the next day. I'm worried and anxious this could be a bone infection? I've googled way too much and it's gotten to where it's all I can think about. If anyone could help please. And thank you in advance
mrslowry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote