View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 10:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Akash is also from India. He is looking at getting Botox of the scalenes, but can't find anyone that does it with an Ultrasound. I think he was finding people that would do the botox without the ultrasound though, which seems risky....I did have a doctor that put Lidocaine on one side of my anterior scalene without an ultrasound though....he was very experienced and I didn't even realize that it had risks to it until reading these forums months later. He was in his 80's (Dr. Sanders) and had studied TOS all his life, he probably could have done it in his sleep though, lol.

I had botox of the the anterior and middle scalene muscles before surgery, and it was AMAZING. My traps loosened up, my arms felt strong, I honestly can't say enough good things about the botox. I would have just kept having botox, but unfortunately, nobody near where i lived would do this procedure.

If you loosen the scalenes, the traps will loosen up in response. Here are some ideas to loosen the scalenes:

Get a 4" cervical collar and wear it at night. It will help stretch out the scalenes and give you more room in your toracic outlet.

Take some aspercream and rub it on the sides and front of your neck at night. Then place a heating pad for a while under the cervical collar to further stretch/relax the scalenes. Also, hot bath with clove essential oil (antiinflamitory) and epsom salt followed by massaging mustard oil into the neck to relax the scalenes. Stretch your neck several times a day all the way around in a circle.

Get massages - I think maybe these are cheaper in India than here in the U.S.

I don't know if this place is anywhere near where you live:
http://www.indiahospitaltour.com/vas...ent-india.html
Eight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote