View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 02:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
...Now my pain is the left inner ankle/foot/calf. Like today I can barely get of bed and am in severe pain with vicadin.How can that be mild and what all my tests show? I almost feel its a trapped nerve that is not showing.I'm hoping maybe Mayo can look more into that if I go since on there website they do similar. I do have sometimes inflammation that seems mild in the right but nothing feels mild in the left. Thanks for any help
Nerve conduction speeds are slow along entrapped nerves. In your case, the right leg tested slower than the left. Given your MRI showing inflammation of the left, a stress fracture is possible but it probably would have shown up on the MRI.

Do you have a good pulse in both feet? Are both feet pink (or a shade of brown with a red flush if you're dark) with clear skin? If you have poor blood circulation in the feet, that could be caused by prediabetes or diabetes, and could be the root main cause of your PN and foot problems. Have you been tested for fasting glucose and glucose tolerance?

I hope you don't smoke. Smoking makes circulation problems and associated conditions seriously worse.