View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 01:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I will put some comments within your post to save time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNS1979 View Post
Hi. I am here on behalf of my husband. About 5 years ago he told me his front thigh was numb. I thought he was weird. This went on for years. 2 years ago he said your not going to believe this, I am getting feeling back. But it hurts like pins and needles. I said it's a pinched nerve. With in a couple months it turned to pain.

All of the above sounds like MP and the symptoms fit the diagnosis of MP.

Pain in his hip. Pain in his butt.

NOT indicative of MP. MP affects ONLY the thigh area. Sounds like more than MP going on from this comment.

Pain when he walks, esp up stairs. Pain worsened by pretty much everything. His Dr did some tests, I did some research, we both agreed he had piroformis syndrome. She put him on gabapentin , She referred him to a physical therapist. He gave up after 3 visits the pain was much worse and he felt like it was spreading to his back and other leg.

Again, not an MP symptom.

The pills don't help at all. She then referred him to a Spine and Wellness center. They did a test ( not a dr so not sure on name ) that electrocuted him.

Nerve conduction study and EMG maybe ?

Diagnosed him with MP. Told him it was his belt and belly doing it.

Yes, these are possible aggravating factors in MP.

It has been 3 weeks since the diagnoses. He wears a cloth like belt now, or elastic shorts.

He was brought in monday for a PNB.

Don't mean to sound dumb but what is a PNB?

This is where things don't seem right. He said the Dr walked in and said why are you here. Then said oh yeah I know what I am going to do. He had my hubby pull down his pants to expose by his groin/hip. They mixed together a small clear and small pink bottle. They will only tell him it's a numbing agent and depo mendrol. ( sp? ) He felt around for a min with his hand and then injected the needle. My husband felt a very small pinch. He said ok done. How do you feel ? My husband said o.k. I didn't feel a thing. DR says ok, If it turns red or starts oozing go to the ER that means I hit your artery.

Are you serious? I am shocked at such a statement by a physician. Actually, I can't think of words to express my reaction to that statement.

My husband stands up says when is it supposed to start working ? Dr says you will know by morning. Tues afternoon he was in worse pain. He called the office and they said no, you'll know in 10-14 days. I asked my sister who works in a Dr's office if that sounded right and her Dr's said no it should have been instant. We are in need of advice. Does this sound right ? There was no Ultra sound thing either. Just Dr and his hands.
I guess you are confused. There is a lot in your post that does not sound right.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote