View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 01:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niggs View Post
Hi Janette

I agree entirely with the slowest possible/one at a time regime. I would also add be aware it takes months to settle and you could have a rough time. The dilemma, as with all adjustments, is how long to stick at it before deciding yes/no.
Would you,if you don't mind, explain the circumstances that lead to your diagnosis ? E.g. in my case it was years of chronic stress..
I do wish you well and understand both your reasons and concerns.

Nigel
Hi Nigel, Thank you for your reply. I am learning that it will be a slow process, coming off my drugs, if and when I decide to do it. Yes, there will be the question of deciding to stick to coming off or going back on if I have problems.

Circumstances that lead to my diagnosis were years of a very high level of stress with my ex husband, who was narcissistic and bipolar. I was diagnosed with early onset PD at the age of 47, 3 months after I kicked my ex husband out! My symptoms at that time were a tremor in my legs, no upper body tremor. As there is no blood test or other test to confirm a diagnosis, the neuro asked me to walk down the hall way and said I have a PD gate. That was my diagnosis! So, now 10 years on, my PD has not progressed in the way others have. So that's where my question of "Do I come off my drugs"? I will have to do a great deal more research on this, I can see. Thank you for your support. Janette
Issi 8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote