View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 01:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I went to the hospital here in Boston, MEEI, where Dr. Pedram Hamrah has been doing corneal confocal microscopy scans for a number of years on patients, and has published some studies. The only advantage is that it avoids having to do a biopsy. In any event, I should have mentioned that I'm already taking lots of magnesium, and have tried adding more, and also adding slo-mag, with no effect.

I did not have a spinal anesthesia. My present theory is that the oral sedation drugs, have the ability to lower the brain's pressure, and that I had a rebound effect that caused the leak. Or perhaps dehydration was a factor. However, I've read of people who simply wake up with the condition, without any specific trauma! I've read that many doctors believe that the condition occurs much more frequently, but that it resolves itself on it's own, for most people. Not for me, at least so far! We'll see. - Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk:

Can you explain this corneal scan for us? I am only finding corneal scanning being done on animals so far.

I cannot recall anyone else coming here who had this corneal scan yet.

When you had your colonoscopy done, did you get spinal anesthesia? Spinals can sometimes cause headaches or leaks.
But a leak is less likely is you did not have a spinal.

A leak can come anytime though, but those are not very common.

Patients with neuropathies can be low in magnesium. This is very common in just the general population. Magnesium therapies have been used in treating migraines successfully, too.
So you could take a good supplement (not oxide forms), like SlowMag twice a day. This is about 1/2 the RDA and may move you up if you are mildly low due to poor food choices.

If you feel better on this (should be a few days only to see improvements) you could cancel the invasive myelogram.
mrlondon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-04-2015)