Thread: Tarlov Symptoms
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 08:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

A quick update -

The first neurosurgeon didn't want to know and basically told me to get lost. Luckily his saving grace was that he offered for me to see one of his colleagues. A week later, the second neurosurgeon, who was much more thorough, actually agreed that my cysts were the cause of my symptoms. I could not stop smiling!

The happiness was short lived because the following day I felt my urine output slowed down completely. It is really low. And weight gain is considerable.

Not one health care provider seems to be in a hurry to do ANYTHING. Neurosurgeon is sending me for a urodynamics test and an electrical stimulating test on my legs... but these are weeks away. Meanwhile, I can barely function as a human being.

What am I meant to do in the meantime?

I really can't function at work. Worried I need to have time off / resign / might get given the sack.

Right now, there is no clear end in sight....

Neurosurgeon has not given a plan of action for once the next tests are done and he won't be operating because he is in his 70s.

I have sent off MRIs to Dr F. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you? It has been a couple of weeks now.
Lemon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote