View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 01:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Scared to death about my neuropathy

Hi Dancinglady
I am having an excellent day with my neuropathy today. I usually do have good days. The nights if it's acting up or talking back I have a compound cream, BenGay and Vicks I massage into my feet and then I am fine the menthol from the Vicks and BenGay actually relaxes me and it's off to see the sand man.

I may have missed the reason you have neuropathy and the type and testing you have had.

Mine is diabetic sensori poly neuropathy caused by diabetes. I have to have a plan of action which I do. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago and joined this form.

It has taken me a long time to realize that not controlling my diet is harmful to me and the foods I love have to be portioned control.

If I can do this and with the help of my team members I feel I will be successful.

Yesterday my sugar reading was 84 the lowest since I don't remember.

Yes I listen to the negative and I apply it to my experiences and learn to turn it around and make it a positive.

I was stubborn and wanted cereal for a midnight snack and could not believe it was giving me high readings then I read and others can't have cereal or toast have to have a protein that was when I realized I have to change my thinking for now of what it was years ago.

This is an excellent form you can take and make it a positive and apply so you benefit from us.

I also lead the same life I did before I was diagnosed. I feel blessed that it has not interfered with any of my daily living regime. I drive,work in the yard, shop do every thing I did before and then some.

I have a sick husband who had 2 major surgeries last year and he is now diagnosed with vascular dementia. He does his own hygiene, but the rest I have to take care of him and remind him.

I am going to close for now and with the responses you have read you can see we are all individuals with our neuropathies coming together for warm conversation, answer and sharing of our common health issues.

Uglogirl

Last edited by uglogirl; 09-06-2015 at 12:55 PM.
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-06-2015), barbo (09-05-2015), bluesfan (09-05-2015), dancinglady (09-09-2015), DejaVu (09-05-2015), EnglishDave (09-05-2015), Enna70 (09-06-2015), eva5667faliure (09-06-2015), Hopeless (09-05-2015), Littlepaw (09-06-2015), Mark56 (09-05-2015), mrsD (09-05-2015), Wren (09-05-2015)