View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 02:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
I'll admit I am feeling so good I do think "is this all in my head?" Then I mess up and forget my medication dose, and realize "uh oh what happened" as I seem to go from 40 to 80 years old.

Comtan is used to boost the on time of sinmet. It is one you do not want to split (if there are scribe lines like sinmet, safe to split.... no scribe line it is not meant to be split).

Slow change is good. So drop just one dose of comtan for a week.... then a second comtan... then the third. Give yourself three weeks with no comtan before making any other changes. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR First before any change.

Daily journal really does help. I was doing 3 x daily of 2-25/100 sinement and one 200mg comtan. I would wake up in pretzel man mode around 1am. Finally added a fourth dose around 10pm which helped making it through the night. I had missed what was going on, but looking at the journal it was obvious.

What part of New Zealand? 30 years ago I took my "push bike" and went cycling both North and South Island for the month of November. Had the time of my life, solo ride but many great memories of wonderful country side and wonderful people!

Tom
Hi Tom, Thank you very much for your advice, I have started a journal on my thoughts - Parkinson's or NOT!! and I have to decide my future journey into the unknown. Being "What will happen if I come off my PD drugs" Someone said to me, "Why change what seems to be working for you now???" Well, good question, hey! But there still is my question, "Do I actually have Parkinson's Disease or not" and I feel the only way I will know is if I come off my drugs". Oh boy, what a dilemma! But I am very strong and what ever I decide to do, I will do it.

Comtan/entacapone, I have only been on for about 1 year and the Pharmacist I saw said the same thing, come off this first, slowly, one at a time. Have you done this? Did you have any bad side effects? I would love to hear.

I get dyskinesia in the form of toe curl, mainly in my left foot. My Neurologist could not answer my question - "Is my toe curl a symptom of PD or a side effect of Sinemet"? I asked him 3 times at my last appointment and he said he just does not know the answer. Would be great to hear your opinion on this, Tom and Nigel.

Tom, I live in rural Canterbury, Springston, not far from the earthquake ravaged city of Christchurch, NZ in the South Island. We haven't had a big quake now for a couple of years which is good. Thank you for asking.

Kind Regards Janette
Issi 8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote