View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 10:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Perplexed

Quote:
Originally Posted by canifindagooddr View Post
I don't have a placard for my car. I can't sit for much longer than an hour. The same for standing. Relief comes from laying on my bed. Sounds cheesy but that is the truth and that is what a neurologist at a major University told me.
I am a bit perplexed by the number of times you mention that a physician is informing you of what you are capable and not capable of doing.

You above all others should be the one to KNOW what you are capable of and what you are NOT capable of doing physically.

Quote:
I did an experiment this week. Mon - Thursday, I walked each morning. The duration of my walks was 6 min - 12 min range. The pace was SLOW. I tolerated the walks with discomfort on the scale of about a 4-5 (out of ten - ten being the most pain).
Quote:
Then Friday came. Friday my feet had an enormous 'hang-over' . . . All day and night long . . . PAIN and feet encased in cement. . . . Next week I will try biking . . . I have my ten speed on a bike stand in my apartment. I don't trust my cognition and balance to be out riding on the streets.

You also seem to self impose activities that will exacerbate your pain.

I just don't understand. Maybe I am just different and not as brave but I try to avoid activities that will only make my pain worsen. Maybe I am just a wimp but I am one that will not touch a hot stove the second time.

Yes, there are times that I MUST perform some functions that knowingly will cause more pain, but they are NOT a choice but a matter of performing life's daily living. Even then, I have made many adaptations.

If you are attempting to walk and bike as a means of exercise and are capable of doing that, then that is a GOOD thing. Exercise is always good for the body when done within the limitations of our ailments.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote