View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 11:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default About my Saturday

I was able to sleep a few more hours and woke up to my sweet Angus kissing me all over my face ! Had to laugh at him he was so darn funny

Got up, dressed in old shorts and an old t-shirt, brushed my teeth and hair. That's all I had the energy for. I met my neighbors at our very old and very big oak street in the front yard. Not 12 feet from my screened side porch that we use for entry/exit to the house. These neighbors have a beautiful yard and love working in it. They are giving me their labor to do Bubba's memory garden with plants from the funeral. Many received were outside plants. There was a bit of urgency due to the fact that these needed to get into the ground asap.

We decided on a 9 inch high circle of stone around the tree, fill with garden/potting soil and covered with brown cedar to keep the bugs down. Poor Luke.......I drug him to the Home Depot dressed like I was. Never in a million years would I have normally left the house dressed like that. We took Bubba's old beat up but runs wonderful truck. Met Ron and Rosalind in the plant/flower dept and picked everything up. Sweet Ron went to the front of the store and got me an electric cart to ride/drive which saved me from another night of agony.

What a wonderful feeling it was to pick these items out that will be my husband's Memory Garden.....Bubba's Memory Garden. I met a lady there while looking at a beautiful plant and I told her what we were doing. She was about my age and stayed with me to talk for a few minutes. She thought what we were doing was great and kept asking me if I was ok....and you know what ?...for that hour I was ok. My heart filled with joy knowing how much he would have loved this.

We came home, parked Bubba's truck close to the tree so Ron and Rosalind would have everything close at hand. Both are disabled. They were so excited about doing it they started laying the stones to see what it would look like. Oh it's perfect. Nothing fancy just like my husband. They will be working on it the next couple of days and when finished and I can get Christina to help me I will take a pic and post here for all of you to see and enjoy with me.

This is a true labor of love and feel so Blessed to have my friend/neighbors want to do this for us.

I then sat down with Luke to watch some football.....could not keep my eyes open and finally went to lay down on the bed. With my sweet dogs and my grand dog Bella. They are so comforting to me right now.

My mom is hurting....I can see it in her face. She doesn't look good. The dr said 3 or 4 weeks before she gets some pain relief. We've got her on pain meds twice a day plus valium which she has taken before. Not sure if I told you but she had gained 2 lbs in a week and a day. She's now up to 81.8 lbs or close as I can remember. I pray the Lord lets her heal from this and stay with me a while longer. She's so dang stubborn......was washing dishes when I got up from resting

I'm so sore in my chest. The chest wall feels bruised to the touch. I guess from bending over that bathtub. Actually everything is sore. My feet and hands, arms and legs.

Went to Christina's to eat and it made me so sad not to be bringing something home for Bubba as would be usual. He would go to Christina's sometimes but months before the surgery, when his arm, back and neck hurt, he's usually stayed home and assumed his position on the bed.

The closer next week gets the more I dread it. So many places to go with those death certificates. I know each day will end badly for me. I want to throw up when I think about it.

I need a transport chair instead of this heavy wheelchair I have. May ask PM dr to write me a prescription for one and see if insurance will help pay for it.

And that's my feelings and how my day went.

I pray everyone has a peaceful night of rest.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-06-2015), EnglishDave (09-06-2015), ger715 (09-06-2015), Hopeless (09-05-2015), Kitty (09-08-2015), KnowNothingJon (09-05-2015), Lara (09-06-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015)