View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan calls me his little Hootchie Mama!!!

I have to tell you something funny about this weight loss thing. I used to weigh 300 lbs many many years ago. Took me a long time to get it in my head that a female is not supposed to weigh 300 lbs.

So after losing around 100 lbs, I setlled in, thinking, "Okay, I look completely different, this should be fine". But I was still an uncontrolled diabetic and still ate things sometimes that should never cross a diabetic's lips.

And I still wore what I wore years ago. You know, blah clothes, long tunic tops, black pants, nothing that shows a figure. I did this all my life. Oh I still wore my makeup, up the kazoo. Once a hair dresser told me "you know who you look like? you look like Meatloaf? I thought he meant the food. I had no idea there was a fat singer named Meatloaf!!!! you'd think that would have been my wakeup call. But nooooooo!!!

So fast forward to now and I'm now almost 59 years old. Not young anymore but certainly not 85. Alan thinks I have lost my noodle.

I now lost 26 and half more lbs so I'm almost close to my goal weight. Do you have any idea what it is like to walk into a woman's clothing store and pick up a skirt off the rack and just bring it home (without trying it on)? I've never done that in my entire life. never worn a skirt, never not tried it on to see if it makes me look fat!!

So the other day, I come out of the room in a yellow skirt, yellow tank top, makeup (I was only going around the corner to sit on my friend's porch but what the hell, I've got a new look, why not look festive).

you had to see alan's face when he saw me. He's never seen me in a color never mind in a tank top. He says "oh my, I see where this is going, you're going to start dressing like Madonna now, aren't you?"

I laughed my head off and said "oh, let me show you the top I just bought."

I come out with an off the shoulder thing that showed my cleavage (just a bit)
He goes nuts and says "YOU ARE NOT GOING OUT OF THE HOUSE IN THAT, YOU'LL GET RAPED". I replied ""WHY, THANK YOU, THAT'S THE REACTION I WANTED FROM YOU".

I changed my clothes and put on the yellow number.

this man has no idea when he walks in the door, what I'll be wearing or if I'm dancing in the kitchen to my ipod as I cook.

Too bad I didn't do this 30 years ago but what the hell. Better late than never, right? But it's funny when you see a person in yellow clothes all bent over and trying to stand up and not look like she's 80 years old.

I won't go to bed with ben gay or anything like that. I'm fighting this tooth and nail. He thinks I've lost my mind.

Oh, we went to a family reunion last week, up in Warwick NY for my Uncle's 89th birthday party.

50 people were there. 50 people, who when I was much younger, I was always the fattest person in the room. And the tallest. I always stood out like a sore thumb. My mother was 5 feet tall. She had 9 brothers and sisters. All from 5 feet to 5 feet 2. There I was 5 feet 8 and 200 plus pounds. Never fit in anywhere.

So fast forward to me being 59 years old and walking into my cousin's house with one of my new outfits (tasteful yet youthful). My cousin Chippy who is 71 was sitting on a couch and sees me and goes "who is that". His wife says "that's Melody". He goes "Melody, melody, that's not Melody". I stepped aside and said "if you think that's something, get a load of Alan" And my 70 lb lighter Alan walks in and everybody goes nuts. You see, all my cousins GAINED 50 lbs. and were twice my size. Twice Alan's size also.

PAYBACK'S A *****, but I loved it.

So keep using your magassagers, and making omellettes. You'll feel good!!!

Love ya,
Melody
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote