View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 02:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Badsport, I didn't end up having a combined Nevro SCS with another brand. It was only briefly discussed and the Nevro rep seemed to be the one pushing for it if I couldn't get enough pain relief with the one lead. It became up to me to track down a surgeon who would do the paddle lead and refer me to another SCS brand, along the way I did some more research and decided I was not comfortable with having another laminectomy. The first 2 hurt for a very long time, the first one still gave me pain years later. Instead I just focussed on finding a surgeon who could thread the 2nd lead in and get it all working as best it could. Sorry to not be of much help. I became very adept at using Google and YouTube in my research and still find the NT site offers the most advice and support. As a former user used to say, only those who have not had so much success keep coming back, everyone else has healed and gone on to live happy fulfilling lives. And FP to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsport View Post
Hi Pam,

I am sorry to interrupt here, but I can't find a way to send a private message on this forum?

I am looking at getting an SCS, nevro with a lamitrode surgically inserted. I was told it was a done deal, but getting the walkaround from the surgeon. You are one of the few people I have seen who has had this done, I just wanted to find out where you had it done and where there any particular compatibility requirements with the paddle lead (from another manufacturer I assume).

If you could email me ** I would appreciate it.

Best Regards,
DejaVu (09-07-2015), eva5667faliure (02-09-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016)