View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
Hi Doody! I am currently on Effexor XR *75mg* and was just wondering why you went off of it. I don't think it's really helping me alot.... just curious as if there's a better med, then I will talk to my rheumy at my next appt. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me on this.....

I also take Tramadol (Ultram) for pain, but it really just takes the "edge" off of a bad day.... I hate letting FM take over....
Hi Daisymay, I'm sorry I missed your question!!! It's been probably 6+ years with the Effexor experience, maybe more so it's difficult to remember. I just remember that when I went off it was a horrible experience...for me. I got really sick and big time dizzy.

The Cymbalta is working okay for me. I actually didn't have a major spring flare which most of us normally do. Come to think of it, I don't think I had a major flare in the fall either. I do think it helps with the fibro.

However...I dread the thought of ever going off of it since it is similar to Effexor. I'm just really 'touchy' when it comes to anything that resembles an SSRI. The only SSRI I could take was Paxil, and I took that for a long long time. When I went off it, it took me 3 months of titrating to make it.

I hope you're doing okay after all this time it took for me to respond!!!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote