View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 10:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Dean has said he has balance issues when walking, but it might have been via pm. I was maybe making assumptions that might not apply...

As Echoes has pointed out - weakness and pain when walking is typically a problem with PN. That is the case with me. So, that is the primary - which causes the secondary of 'thinking' one has balance problems. Well, when your feet feel like they are encased in cement that makes one's gait off. This gives a sense of a balance problem.

[COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]For example, just yesterday - I must of stumbled into, tripped over the top of one of my seated daughters at least 6 times yesterday. This did not happen prior to the onset of my sfn.

One foot doctor gave me a DX of 'abnormality of gait'. Caused by what? I would guess weak muscles and pain. And, sensory sensations of having cement feet that tingle and burn. So, I think my balance 'thing', is a case of SENSORY symptoms causing what appears to be a slight balance problem. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]Another foot doctor had me walk down and back in his hallway several times. He had a puzzled expression on his face. We talked. "You have foot drop", said the doctor. "What is that?" I asked. "Your feet hit the ground too quickly with each step you take", he said. Looking back, I imagine that was a muscle weaknesses problem. Who knows . . . in addition to sfn, maybe I have some large fiber problems to. The first EMG/NCT stated I did. I was given a DX of TTS. A year and a half later, another EMG/NCT stated I didn't. Then, they pulled blood. It as fine. Then they did skin bio. "Hey! We found something here. SFN."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]I have played tennis for over 40 years. I played on the HS team and the college team and from age 8 - 16 prior to that. I used to play about twice a week during the summers every since I began teaching. At one school I taught at I coached the HS tennis team for a year. However, I have NOT played tennis ONCE since the onset of the sfn. Why? Pain, mostly. And that weakness feeling that Echoes wrote of. I would stumble, bumble all over a court that I once gracefully flew over . . . And if I played for just 20 minutes, I fear and dread the 'feet hangover' that would no doubt surely following. This hangover could last up to two or three days.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]Yes, I understand. A desk job does not require one to play tennis AT ALL. I'm just trying to paint word pictures of what I have described as 'balance' problems.
[/COLOR]

I don't think that I implied he'd be denied if he didn't utilize an ambulatory device. I'm trying to point out issues that an ALJ will likely question.

[COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]And, I would answer them as I have above. I think that would be adequate. It is not a 'far jump'.[/COLOR]

--None of us will see his medical records, or lack there of, and our opinions are based on what he chooses to reveal.
[COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]I have ADD. We tend not to hide much. The symptom is called impulsivity. If you have a question that you think might help me win my case (to which I HONESTLY think I am entitled to) please ask away. I imagine even without the ADD, I would not hide. That just isn't my style.
[/COLOR]
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote