View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 11:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Read more, post less

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Dean, the problem that's going to come up is that you were capable of working as a PE teacher within the last year, which is a much more physically demanding job than sitting behind a desk. Since your BP was also a factor in why you were unable to continue working, that also will make such a claim appear less credible.

^^^How 'capable' I was was not VERY capable. I used FMLA on 2/28/15 and never returned to work. And that whole year school, I did a lot of sitting and moaning while 'teaching'. Then at the end of the day, I would wait for the clock to hit 350pm . . . .stumble to my car . . . struggle to drive home (its a 2.5 mile drive one way) . . . get home and go straight to my bed for an hour or two rest of my feet/ankles . . . then I'd get up and try to do some housework (no go), then get up and start it all-over again the next day. My quality of life was very poor. And it has been every since the onset of this stuff 2.5 hours ago. Every time a school-break came up (Christmas, Spring, Summer, etc) I would think, "OK. Rest. Learn. GET BETTER." It never happened. I soldiered on until I just could not take it any more.

^^^Before officially declaring my FMLA . . . I called my brother. I hoped he would give me a script for narcotics so I could finish another school year. "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" he said. Then he went on, "You have nerve damage. If you keep on working you are going to cause permanent nerve damage, if you have not done so already. You have PN. It is progressive, painful and often times debilitating. If you're head is hurting, and you have been hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, you might want to put down the hammer." I continued to plead for meds. He continued to repeat what he said. After 45 minutes and many tears from me . . . I agreed with his conclusion.

It makes no sense that you don't have a placard, at least for medical appointments if walking is causing you problems.

^^^It makes sense to me. I have not applied for one. I live in a small town (less than 30K) and I rarely get out.

If you haven't been posting in the PN forum which includes SFN, here is the link: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum20.html
^^^I am going to do what a wise person on this forum suggested I do - post LESS and read about step 5 of the 5 step sequential model. I thank that person for the that wise counsel. I agree. At this time, I think that is my best course of action.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote