View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 02:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Looking for help or advice after a tooth extraction

Hi everyone,

I don't typically reach out for help but I really need some.

I recently had a ten year old root canal (#14 on my upper left side) start acting up after the crown came off by itself and was put back on. About a month after the crown was reattached I had a bout of throbbing and weird sensations in that tooth. They gave me amoxicillin and told me it was inflamed and to give it some time... I took the antibiotics and they readjusted my bite because I suffer from tmj and they thought my clenching could be bothering the tooth. Then only 10 days after that round of antibiotics I started having a severe itching sensation in that tooth. From there I started having pressure underneath my left eye and mild headaches and increased tmj. I went back to the Dentist and they gave me more amoxicillin and told me that I would need to retreat the root canal or have it extracted. At this point I had already researched root canals and had come to the realization that they are pretty much bad news. So I had it extracted on Wednesday September 2nd, 2015. I'm still on the last prescription for amoxicillin but after a few days of improvement it seems I am backsliding. I've had the pressure return underneath my left eye.

I realize that I could have infection in my jaw and sinuses, or that they may have punctured my sinuses when removing the tooth. These antibiotics are making me so depressed I can hardly function (happens every time I have to take them) and with two rounds back to back I'm losing all hope. I can't bear the thought of more medical procedures (scraping my jawbone etc.) and more extensive rounds of probably more powerful antibiotics.

I typically take care of my own health naturally... I prefer to take oregano oil for an infection over antibiotics. About three years ago I started eating pretty clean, no processed foods, low carbs, high good fats, no transfats... I eat as much organic as I can but can't afford all organic. Other than some hormone imbalance I was a happy physically fit healthy person until this tooth thing started. I struggled with depression through my adolescence and early 20s but now at almost 30 I've gotten it under control by mainly changing my diet. Now on these antibiotics I'm practically suicidal again and I hate the way this feels. It doesn't help that I have no dental or medical insurance and starting down the gauntlet of money sucking doctors is an overwhelming thought... What am I supposed to do? Put a second mortgage on my house just to feel better?

After all the research I’ve done I’m really scared. I am really just hoping for some advice. Am I expecting to get better too quickly? Is there any hope that it will heal up on its own? Also I’m a pretty serious practitioner of yoga and I’ve been too scared to practice since the extraction… Seems like inversions aren’t a good idea… But when can I go back to practicing? Even downward dog is an inversion.
I’ll be so grateful for any help or advice.
Thanks,
Julie
jer87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote