View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 02:42 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello Celeste,
I'm a bit like you re being skeptical. There may be a connection with sugar I feel. I know sugar feeds bad bacteria e.g. candida. I also believe in adding a pro biotic to help encourage good bacteria. When I get run down, antibiotics etc I end up with thrush on my tongue. I don't believe in restricting my diet and giving up food I enjoy, e.g. grains if I am not allergic e.g. cealiac disease. What I am inclined to wonder is how the cell structure of the bacteria compares to the cell structure of what our immune system is attacking. I'm not sure if I am explaining this right, not good at explaining myself. I had untreated glandular fever that my autoimmune disease followed. I have always thought this was the trigger for me. I try to eat healthy foods, grow our own veggies as I feel better when I do. I quit alcohol, don't eat junk, avoid chemicals (very sensitive), cut out sugar. I have been really good with this for 5 years. I'm doing my health good, but my autoimmune symptoms are still present. I get annoyed when I hear claims that I can be cured by diet. Every man and his dog are flogging books these days, it can be so confusing. I probably have gone off topic, but I say if it makes you feel better, that's a good thing.
KirraJade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
juliejayne (09-08-2015)