View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 02:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Inspire,

I am so glad you've got that boot off!!! That is fantastic. I am so glad it feels like it has healed up in there. That may well be the case. Not using the limb properly can contribute to a lot of aches and pains by itself.

Okay, so the Mom in me has got to say don't going doing anything stupid. I have a teenager, I have to say it. Sorry. Seriously though, keeping the crutches is fine for right now. You don't want to re-injure anything and those ligaments are going to be stiff, sore and prone to strain until they strengthen and limber up. This will take a while and that's expected. Try walking in the pool first before going full on to heel to toe gait on land. You can also reduce to one crutch when you are ready. When I first started weight bearing again I would press on a bathroom scale with my injured foot, slowly adding weight up till I could handle my body weight. This is the time for my motto "start low, go slow".

This is great progress. Don't get discouraged if you have setbacks. They will happen as you try new things. Just keep adding a little bit more here and there, more weight, more motion, more time. Those muscles will start coming back!

Congrats!

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Inspiretoday (09-07-2015), RSD ME (09-07-2015)