Old 09-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
Hi Melody,

I am signing out for the night. Wanted to leave a note for you.

Still thinking of you and Alan.

Hope all is going well.

Support, Love and Prayers,
DejaVu
Alan had blood gases drawn. I watched the whole thing. He was smiling through it and joking with the 6 foot 7 nurses aide who did it. The big guy initially said "that's the wrong needle, what is wrong with you nurses". Then he did it and Alan didn't even flinch. Then I looked up ABG and I asked him "didn't it hurt?" and he responded "yeah".

He never let on. And here's a good one for you. The lady who does the blood pressure came with the machine. She took his blood pressure and it read 130/117. I said "wrong, take it again". She did and it was 130/108. I said 'Wrong, take it again". then it read 130/42. I said 'well, what do you know, that is an impossibility because he is just fine. She said "I better go and get the manual one". She took it two times. 130/70.

I looked at Alan and asked him specific questions. I said 'Alan, during this whole blood pressure thing did you feel palpitations, chest pains, any heart beat change, ANYTHING AT ALL?" He said "no, I feel absolutely fine'.

I looked at the lady. She had no comment.

Oh, his phosphorous is low so they are giving him phosphorous and will check the level tomorrow morning. He has no fever, he eats like a horse, and this morning they took out the catheter and he peed his head off all day long (getting rid of all that fluid). He announced "I haven't peed like this since I was 20". I guess the Turp worked and the antibiotics are getting rid of the UTI. I spoke to his doctor on the phone earlier and he said he had Hospital induced Pneumonia and a Urinary Tract Infection, etc. etc. He may even go home tomorrow. Now how a 68 year old man who was completely disoriented Saturday Morning can go home tomorrow is beyond me. But then we have had people praying for us.

That's a great thing!!!

Will update tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support. Much appreciated.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-08-2015), ger715 (09-08-2015), glenntaj (09-08-2015), Lara (09-07-2015)