View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 10:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Mad

Hi Debi,
I am so glad you were able to get some sleep last night. It is 11:30PM and as I check on you before I go to sleep, I am so glad you have kept us updated.

The garden sounds so beautiful. What a lovely reminder of how much Bubba was loved by so many people. When my father passed a few years back, I was amazed at the outpouring of affection and all the lives he touched, that I had not known about, and I have feeling Bubba touched many lives in the same way.

I certainly understand not wanting to wash pillowcases. It may be too soon to do this but there is a lovely way to remember a loved one by saving alot of their favorite clothes like flannel shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, ties, tshirts, work clothes, jackets, jeans, a favorite blanket, etc and have them cut into small pieces and made into a a quilt (and maybe have them made for your kids as well).
I had a friend who had that done and she did not wash the clothes because she wanted the smell of her husbands cologne and the woman who made the quilt for her said she completely understood. If someone in your circle of family,friends or neighbors can sew, I am sure they would feel honored to do that for you all. Or some organizations like church groups, etc have quilting groups and they may do it for you as well.

Hope you sleep well again tonight Debi...Lord knows you need some solid rest.
In my heart, prayers and thoughts,
God Bless you and your entire family.
Love, D.

P.S. How is your mother doing?

P.P.S.
I looked up those Memory quilts. many folks on etsy.com make them. A VERY wide array of prices.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-08-2015), EnglishDave (09-08-2015), eva5667faliure (09-09-2015), ger715 (09-08-2015), Kitty (09-08-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015), St George 2013 (09-07-2015)