View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mrs. D. Wow, that would have never entered my mind. You have no idea how many muffins I have brought to hospitals and shared them with nursing staff, physician assistant's, etc.

And my former primary care doctor, well at Christmas I brought a bottle of non-alcoholic wine. They appreciated that. I also made fat free brownies. They scooped them up. Now this is a very small practice. No big hospital setting here.

I never ever thought that nurses might think this is a control issue. In this doctor's office, whenever I was there, patients would be bringing in boxes of donuts, dropping them off, shaking the doc's hand, and scooting out the door. That always amazed me. Sometimes they would drop off bagels.

The office staff was extremely friendly and always appreciative. Of course, it didn't hurt that one of the office staff lived around the corner from me, or that the nurse Annie, loved when I taped shows for her on Turner Classic Movies. It was a very relaxed office. I guess it's different in a hospital setting.

So far I guess I've been lucky.

The only place I have never brought anything is to my dentist in NYC because he has a fridge packed with fresh juices and fresh fruit (right in the waiting room), Then there's a table with a big coffee making thing that you take a coffee pod and you make your own flavored coffees and teas. There are plates of fresh muffins. Never saw such an office waiting room in all my life.

You should have seen me the first time I went there (my inlaws had shown up for moral support), and there in the waiting room was Alan, my sister in law and my brother in law drinking gourmet coffee, teas and fruit. They were having a ball and I was scared out of my mind. But he's a phobia guy and treated me very well.

They could have left me in that chair the whole day, they were eating Very Well!!!! LOL

I will remember (fur future reference) what you said about bringing food and that the nurses might see it as a control thing. That never would have crossed my mind.

Thanks for this info.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote