View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Hi Trent. I have been thinking about you... so I am sorry I am late to your thread.

Let me just list some ideas:

1) gynecomastia in a teenage male, who is not using antipsychotic drugs for psychiatric reasons, can indicate Klinefelter's syndrome (aka Fragile X). These drugs can cause breast enlargement in males.

These males have an extra X chromosome. This is not hereditary, and is thought to be an accident that happens when the egg is first fertilized. These males can often have low testosterone levels, which impacts bone strength and muscle strength and functions. Many males can go thru life and never be diagnosed.

http://www.medicinenet.com/klinefelt...me/article.htm
There are many other sites on the net for this that you can find easily too, to read more. Each male's experience can be different with this syndrome and symptoms vary quite a bit.

2) I wonder if you were exposed to pesticides and weed killers when you worked in the garden. Your fast onset seems like a poisoning of sorts. Pesticides do irritate the neuromuscular junction where the efferent nerves connect to the muscles to cause movement. A severe form of this problem is called Myasthenia Gravis...where that junction is attacked by antibodies to the proteins there. There are antibody tests for this, but many have seronegative results. We have a forum here on this topic.

3) Elevated ferritin in a male is problematic. It may signal hemochromatosis...iron overload. I'd get that looked at further.
As the iron builds up, it affects, the whole body and can be ultimately fatal over years of dragging one along.

http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-info...ges/facts.aspx
This however does not suddenly occur like your symptoms have. But you may have just crossed a metabolic line, where the build up became obvious and symptomatic.

These three things are suggested by your symptoms so far.

I'd get tested for B12 levels, and make sure you have at least 400pg/ml... Many doctors accept very low readings still as "normal".

I'd also try a magnesium chelate product (not oxide) as a supplement to see if your twitching lessens. Muscles not getting enough magnesium will twitch and cramp. The dose would be about 200mg elemental of magnesium citrate, malate, taurate, gluconate, lactate... whatever you can find.

This is my magnesium thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1138

You can also soak in lukewarm epsom salt baths, and see if this helps too. If it does then you can assume your body needs magnesium.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-08-2015), Hopeless (09-08-2015)