View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 09:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I use the "Doctors Best" brand of 100mg "Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid" featuring "Biohanced Na-RALA", so I guess that I am OK taking with food? If I don't then I tend to get the afore-mentioned heartburn.

Thanks!

David
Just to throw this out there. Maybe anecdotal but, I have taken the Doctor's Best version for quite some time and it's a very good supplement. Seems to actually help with nerve pain, not a miracle pill but does help keep it from raging out. If you are looking to lose weight this supplement will do it. I have actually had to stop taking it for periods because it is such an effective fat burner. It actually does stabilize blood sugar levels. I have checked this with a monitor often and seen a significant result. Even non-diabetics should be aware of the their glucose levels if they suffer nerve pain.

If there is ONE supplement besides B-12 that I think is great for neuro pain sufferers it is this one. Empty stomach is very important, take first thing when you wake up and wait an hour to grab your breakfast/coffee, etc. It'll make your stomach gramble a little bit because it's digesting it, (it is a grumble that will be noticeable in a work situation like a meeting, lol). You can take just this one pill and be fine, if you take another later in the day its a good idea as well. Like I say, just watch the weight loss on this.

That's my experience. I know we are all different but this does seem to be common with consistent users of this supplement.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sarge (10-17-2015)