Thread: Motion Sickness
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 09:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I started getting motion sickness when my eyes went squirrelly. If I close my eyes it's not too bad... but it still doesn't completely go away and will get much worse if we go around a corner while my eyes are closed.

I have tried Dramamine but it knocks me out cold. Its about the only medication that says it may cause drowsiness that does... big time... within 20 mins of taking it I'm down and out.

What seems to be helping me some, is closing just one eye. I don't know if its simply because of my vision or if it's a balance issue as well. Also making sure my seat isn't leaning back (that will make me sick quick, I have to sit upright) And making sure my feet are flat on the floorboard.

When we ride in the DH's Jeep however, the seats are tilted back, 5 point harness and the like on that... so I find wearing headphones does the trick then, listening to music seems to keep my equilibrium, but oddly enough not from the stereo, it has to be headphones.
Kitty (09-08-2015)