View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 02:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Edgelow's program is 1 year long. I am now at 10 months. Don't think I will be back to normal at one year, but I definitely made significant improvments.

I am feeling good on most days as long as I don't touch the computer. I can now work for 30-60 minutes before the neck pain slowly creeps in (big improvement compared with a few seconds 10 months ago).

All symptoms in my arms are moslty resolved. I can do push ups, chin ups, dumb bell curls etc without flaring up. Though I think proper scapular stabilization is more important than arm strength so this is what I am focusing on.
I resumed regular running and hiking. Went for a bike ride the other day for the first time in over a year - feeling no ill effects. Swimming is the next thing on my list.
Driving is less of a problem now - I can drive pain free for an hour or so.

I am now on the last exercise from Edgelow's DVD, neck stretch with wedges (don't have the wedges, I simply do it lying on the foam roll). There is some minor pain in the clavicle area when I do these stretches. It will probably take a couple months for it to resolve.
I am gradually adding more exercises on top of Edgelow. Mostly core exercises for the upper back and abdominals.

Still not able to work full time in the office. I am now working in the office two days and at home three days a week. My neck/shoulders feel achy after a day in the office so I have to stay at home the next two days.
The biggest problem area for me now is the neck. Any activity that involves a static pose and looking down (reading, typing, writing/drawing, cooking etc) causes neck pain. Have not yet found a remedy other than avoiding these things.
Another problem is the atrophy/weakness in the upper traps. Not seeing a lot of improvement there. I added some strength exercises for the upper traps a couple months ago. The traps feel a bit stronger, but no visible change and lack of endurance is a problem. Hopefully the affected nerves will recover and allow me to build strength.
Hiker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Akash (09-09-2015)