View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcouch View Post
Brief synopsis of my hearing - Judge is one of the fairest judges here in Cleveland, OH and was very nice, asked many questions, even let me elaborate about what I did at my former job (I was a supervisor, but was a very physical job...not just supervising employees), have a 4 year degree, I believe it was determined as 'skilled work', I also believe it was determined that I did not have any 'transferrable' skills, VE said I could not do previous work and ultimately 'no jobs', I was 49.99 at the date of the hearing, but turned 50 while still waiting on decision, I have 5 herniated discs between my neck and my back of which 2 are impinging on the nerve, have an FCE that shows I gave 100% effort and bottom line is I can work 3-4 hours per day alternating sitting/standing, my attorney remained in the courtroom afterwards for a few minutes then came out and said I did fantastic that the judge loved me and that I was super credible, but wouldn't tell me yay or nay!

So some concerns I have is that I do have medical documentation along with EMG test results, but not an RFC or recommendation from my doctor, the age thing and the fact that I have a 4 year degree...could any of these issues create an unfavorable decision?
The VE was answering no jobs to hypothetical questions, btw. Very few claimants understand the process. Unless you received a bench decision, you can be denied. It sounds as if your attorney believes you'll be approved, so you just have to sit tight and wait.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (09-09-2015)