View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you both to chrybmb and chasann for sharing your issues. I feel that sometimes one of the hardest things about dealing with this stuff is that feeling of being alone, that no one else gets what I'm going through. So having people to relate to it, even if they're not the same kinds of problems exactly, is definitely comforting. Hopefully the ophthalmologist is thorough next week, because I'd definitely feel a huge wave of relief if I knew that my symptoms were just part of my PCS recovery rather than a bigger problem. And if it is a bigger problem, hopefully it'll be a type that can be dealt with after it's detected. I did have another appointment scheduled with a different ophthalmologist for a week later as a "just in case" sort of thing, so if I'm not satisfied with the first one I'll get a second opinion.

And Mark, thank you so much, reading your post eased my fears a little bit. I was trying to hold on to the allergies as a likely explanation. I just get nervous because on a day like today they weren't really acting up, yet the vision symptoms were a lot. But it's like you said, they can do all sorts of weird things, so who's to say for sure? It could explain why I get relief at certain points throughout some days too. As for meds, aside from some vitamins I only take an allergy pill and nasal spray daily, so I wouldn't think that would be messing me up. As for the vision conditions, I'll admit I don't know a lot about the subject and only have information that I gathered from some quick Google searches. But I thought that you COULD have some vision problems, such as a detached retina for example, that could have resulted from a concussion. The comment about the optic nerve eases my mind the most though I think. Since I read that inflammation in the brain can damage the optic nerve and I knew I had been feeling pressure in my head, I kind of assumed the worst that it could be what's going on with me. While I have been getting headaches, I wouldn't call any of them excruciating, so I take it that's a very good sign. Thank you!
Deuce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chrybmb (09-09-2015)