View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 03:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Up for the 3rd time (I spoke too soon !)

Guess I should not have bragged about sleeping all night...lol

Update on my mom: The xray dept called this morning from the clinic we use asking for me to bring her back in for additional xrays. Not sure what the radiologist is looking for. I took her to a satellite office last Thurs that is closer to our house and where our dr's are. They did the original xrays there....this call came from the main clinic that is in the downtown area of the next city over. I'm guessing the radiologist looked at mom's films from last week and wanted more ? Hoping they don't find anything else. Not sure I'll be physically or mentally able to cope with something else right now. I took her around lunchtime for these.

On the way to put the wheelchair back up from getting her out of the car. (she absolutely hates a wheelchair as much as I do) the lady at the front desk remarked that I looked so tired....well that was it.....tears started rolling just like some of you said they would. This lady remembered me from coming in for chemo treatments in 2013. I felt the need to tell her about my husband and she was so sweet and stunned at the news.

Then Luke drove me to the PM in the afternoon......since I've become so close to all of them I started crying again. One lady in particular that has helped me on many occasions came into the room and talked to me and Luke before the dr came in. So sweet....she cried too. And then the dr came in and hugged me and wanted to know what happened. Tears again. Said he wasn't going to check me too much since I am sore all over. He said the added stress is why my pain is spiking. Already knew that but was nice of him to say it. I asked him to write me a prescription for a transport chair. I don't need a wheelchair since I can't wheel myself around. Just a transport chair for the kids to push me in when needed. Hopefully the insurance will pay for some of it.

Got the COBRA paperwork from my husband's insurance. I will need it for part of Sept and all of Oct. My medicare kicks in Nov 1st and from what I'm reading I can't use his insurance if I have medicare. I need to check into that since all deductibles have been paid and it pays for all my meds with a small co pay.....would be nice if I could use it until the end of the year while I'm looking for supplemental ins to go with the medicare. The few times I've looked at supplemental in the medicare paperwork it looks like something in another language ! Going to have to get Hope to help me on that stuff so I can understand what I'm doing.

A man I know at the funeral home suggested I call an 800 # he's given me before going to the SS Office....said to try and get as much done over the phone as I can. Going to try that in the morning as well as pay Sept bills which I'm going to have to use my mom's checking acct to do. 2 of our 3 accts are frozen.....my whole SSDI check is in one of them from the end of Aug. Going to have to change rep payee from Bubba to Christina and then open a new acct for SSDI check. All this is so crazy...when can't they just take him off and add her ? I need to look for my SS card since his work needs it to process all their stuff. I need to listen to phone messages and then we're going to try and see the lawyer in the afternoon. I already feel the tension rising in my body just typing about it.

I'm so tired....I mean done to the bone weary. Is everything just settling in now and my body is trying to tell me something ?

Thank you all for posting....I've re-read all these posts several times and they have been so helpful to me. So caring and I get a nice feeling of warmth when I read them. Your thoughts and prayers are coming through to me.

Please keep the posts coming....I need them

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-10-2015), DejaVu (09-10-2015), Diandra (09-10-2015), EnglishDave (09-09-2015), eva5667faliure (10-28-2015), ger715 (09-09-2015), Hopeless (09-09-2015), Kitty (09-09-2015), KnowNothingJon (09-09-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015)