View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 09:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh my dear Debi,

Yes, so very much to take care of without any time to get your head wrapped around it all.

Not sure if it is good or bad that one must deal with all the financial aspects so quickly. It makes one wonder: Does it help to be so occupied with it that it takes your mind off your grief and forces one to avoid the desire to just shut the world out, ...or would it be better to have the time to grieve FIRST, then deal with all the details. I don't know which would be better for the person that must handle all the details. I think either way is difficult. Some things can not be postponed but who wants to deal with those matters when one's heart is breaking. We don't always realize just how complicated life gets until we have to untangle all the mess. Makes me wish for simpler times.

Your FIRST and foremost task is to change the rep for your benefits so you will have access to your disability benefits.

It sounds like you have plans to get everything taken care of and are right on track.

I will reserve the "health insurance and Medicare" topic for a later post.

We are here for you and really appreciate you keeping us updated as you travel this road.

You don't have to be strong every moment. Allow yourself to grieve. Cry whenever you need. We share your tears. Sleep is something that will be hit and miss, especially when you are not only fighting pain but also sorrow. There will be times when you can't sleep and times when you can't get enough sleep. Be kind to yourself. There is no right and wrong. Sleep whenever you can to allow your body the recuperation it needs.

Your messages are so welcome and we look forward to hearing from you whenever you are up to the task.

I am so sorry that you have so much to deal with and so immediately. It is hard enough when one is healthy and fully functional but when you add disability to the mix, it is beyond difficult.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-10-2015), EnglishDave (09-09-2015), eva5667faliure (10-28-2015), ger715 (09-09-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015), St George 2013 (09-09-2015)