View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Crazy Scared for MVD surgery next Fri

I am new here and so afraid of this surgery. I have had surgeries bfore but its not that I am afraid of. The fear that it will not work or will b worse is what is so frightening. I am reluctant for several reasons. First my family dr didn't even know what it was. (I have since changed Drs but didn't like him either) Then a neurologist who really did nothing but send me to this neurosurgeon. He is the only one who does MVD surgery so I really had no choice. All the meds I have taken have terrible side affects. That is if I can get these Drs to get back to me. I needed a refill on Tegretol and it has taken almost 3 wks to get her to call a refill in. The neurosurgeon said I AM NOT GOD. I was so taken aback I couldn't say much. He left after about 3 min w me. Just by him making a statement like that makes me think he does think he is god. I would love to get another surgeon but there are no more in my area and sure can't afford to b chasing one all over the U.S. I can't get any of them to gv me pain meds or anything to help me sleep. What is it w Drs? They just keep sending me to another Dr and none will get back to you or try differnet meds. I am so frustrated I really have just given up. I will try this surgery cause I feel I have no other choice or any other Drs to try. I am fed up with all of them and can only hope this surgeon is a bttr surgeon than he is a people person. I hve tried checking him out but the medical board will not gv info on any failed operations or suits against any Dr. I just don't get it. Any suggestions? I really am afraid of this plus my daughter can only tk off from work 3 days. I have NO ONE else to help me. NO ONE>no family or anything. So I will b on my own. I hv had 2 back surgeries and my surgeon was wonderful. He was standing next to me when I woke up. He was great and this Dr sure could take some lessons on bedside manner. I am at my wits end. Thanks so much for reading my story. HELP
Moose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote