View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oops, I guess I should not make this post as I do not want to offend you, Melody.

You BOTH have valid points. You do need to get some acknowledgement from Alan for all you do. I do appreciate the fact that the colder temps make you miserable and that the warmer temps are more comfortable with your arthritis.

I happen to be like Alan,.... I need the temps LOW. I am absolutely miserable if the temp goes up even the slightest amount. I can't sleep, can't breath, and I get very irritable when I am not cool.

I have gone through the battle of the thermostat when I lived with another person. Similar situation, the other wanted it warm and I wanted it cold.

My poor argument was they could add more clothing, put on a sweater, robe, jacket, etc. I could not take off any more clothing, I was almost in my birthday suit as it was.

No, I am not taking Alan's side here. I am just saying I understand how he feels but also how you feel so unappreciated.

Hope you can forgive him and start talking again QUICKLY !!! It is good that you expressed your feelings. Just don't hold a grudge. It will only make YOU feel bad.

When Alan requested you go into another room, I would have responded, NO, YOU go in another room.

Oh, and remember you came in from the outdoor heat, so you probably felt the colder temps even MORE than if you had not been outside first.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-10-2015), DejaVu (09-10-2015), ger715 (09-09-2015), MelodyL (09-10-2015)