View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon View Post
I do have disability insurance, it was purchased before this all started so there should be no issue in terms of claim, though I suppose they could push the angle that diabetes was the cause ergo I am disqualified.

That could be a fun tussle...

Thank you for the input. It is becoming Everestish in the daily grind. I'm trying to be proactive.
Hi Jon,
Sorry to hear things are getting harder work wise. Your description of it becoming Everestish reminded me of a favorite quote from Edmund Hillary (or Sir Ed as he is fondly remembered here).

"If the going is tough and the pressure is on; if reserves of strength have been drained and the summit still not in sight, then the quality to seek in a person is neither great strength nor quickness of hand, but rather a resolute mind firmly set on its purpose that refuses to let its body slacken or rest

Given that he said this when he was in his prime please don't take it to mean you should push yourself physically til you collapse. Later he suffered plenty with altitude sickness and had to turn back many times. Perseverance and being proactive as you said is the way forward.

All the best with overcoming your challenges.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-10-2015), KnowNothingJon (09-10-2015), Lara (09-10-2015)