View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I wonder if the build up of formaldehyde/ other of gassing would be what is causing my complete inability to process alcohol. I am pretty sure that my liver is extremely burdened from what ever I was exposed to. I used to be able to have a drink for a pleasant buzz and then have another for a good old time. Since this neuropathy, I can't even take a sip of it with out becoming rapidly drunk in a terrible way.
This is all very interesting. My small Fiber Neuropathy issue seemed to come on suddenly last year after there wa a build up of water in the roof of our house. Over time the water filled down into the ceiling sheet rock, the entire thing collapsed, ceiling caved in and roof was redone. Had the house demoisturized. Lots of repairs, etc.

All of a sudden the neuropathy started acting up. All kinds of food that never bothered me before triggered insane attacks. Buzzing, itching, burning and more. My first trip was to the dermatologist because i thought I had some skin disorder like pruritis. They did all kinds of skin allergy tests. The only thing that came up was formaldehyde allergy. So, i began to think, maybe something was released into the air and got into my system? But, why was I the only one in the house who experienced anything. I gave up any kind of aspartame because that converts into formaldehyde into the body (and giving up aspartame is extremely difficult, as bad as quitting smoking).

i still wonder to this day, since I am idiopathic and have had nearly every possibility ruled out (beyond the fact that i was on a statin and an acid controller - I still blame the statin), if there was something toxic that got to me. I have been tested for a lot of contaminants in the body but i am sure a good inspection of my house will surely turn up some contaminants, mold for sure. With all the water damage.

Thanks for posting this.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
onebeed (09-10-2015), zkrp01 (10-04-2015)