View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Using thiamine properly is genetically driven. There are ethnic peoples (mostly in Asia) who lack enough of the enzyme to process the alcohol and aldehydes it creates in the body. These people get ill very quickly if they drink alcohol, and some drugs cannot be metabolized properly either and require much lower doses. (Crestor is one).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC303676/

Since this is a mitochondrial defect, it follows that if the mitochondria are damaged, then metabolism may be impaired for aldehyde removal and other functions.
And many of the drugs used for PN symptoms interact with alcohol, leading to increased sedation. Cymbalta in fact damages the liver and if used with alcohol, can lead to serious damage or death even.

I am surprised i don't see more people here talking about the benefits of Inositol. It helps with liver detox, is good for the cells and a very good blood sugar stabilizer. In higher doses helps with anxiety and insomnia issues. Its part of the great B-Vitamin family. I have especially noticed its ability to help with blood sugar issues. I have used it for years even before the diagnosis and swear by it. one of the better supplements I have ever taken. Dr. Atkins was also a huge proponent of it.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (09-10-2015)