View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudest_mama View Post
I was diagnosed with Parkinson's 11 years ago at the age of 44. I am now 55. During those 11 years, I have been on the same, exact medicine ... as well as the same dosage (Mirapex 1.5 mg. three times a day and Trihexyphenadryl (or Artane) 1 mg. two times a day.

I was told, somewhere along the line, that once you start taking Sinemet (or Levadopa), you have between 5 and 10 years before the side effects of the medicine are almost worse than the disease itself. Does anyone know if this is true?

The reason I ask is because I am on the bubble of having to start Sinemet and I just got back from a seminar on Medical Cannabis that sounded promising. Under a separate category, I'll ask those who are currently taking legal Cannabis if they'd share their experiences with the drug.

Any insight into Cannabis is appreciated. Thanks!
I have been able to titrate down on Sinemet while introducing cannabinoids. If I could pick one drug over all others it would be cannabis.

The ideal ratio seems to be 1 to 1 cbd/thc. That seems to be the go to ratio for neurological disorders. The cbd counters a lot of the psychotic effect of thc. It's a pleasant feeling but you don't feel "high" as much as a recreational strain.

Tinctures (any method works, super critical co2 is the best) and edibles work for a much longer duration than smoking or vaping. Smoking/vaping is damn near instant relief but everyone's puff is different. Trying to find a dose with edibles is tough too and you can easily over/under medicate but it will take an hour to find out. With tinctures you can easily find a dose that works (about 5-20 mg of 1 to 1 per dose). Dose only as much as you need, sometimes smaller is better. Tinctures work in 5 minutes under the tongue and peaks in 45 minutes but the effects should last longer.

I will try tinctures starting this week and will likely start a thread of my own in this forum. I feel so much better than I did a year ago on strictly pharmaceuticals.
OlliePop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bogusia (09-10-2015), Diandra (09-10-2015), soccertese (09-10-2015)