View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

BioBased,

I cannot say that I have recovered and have a normal gait, maybe someday I can report that. For now, I can tell you that I have gone from a walker to a cane and for the last 3 weeks I have been cane free. My gait and speed are not yet where I want them to be, but it is progress. For months I did good to get to the bathroom and kitchen. Other rooms in the house were occasional and painful. Work has a bad set up and has been unbelievably difficult. I can now go across the house and tuck my son in. I can walk on grass if its fairly even. I can also drive some. It SLOW and steady. What has worked for me is warm water pool pt and land pt, both once a week w/ daily exercises at home. The muscle mass is hard to build when you are going slow, but it happens. Hips and knees get sore and I have to pull back. My lower right side from the hip down is smaller (except for my bulging ankle), but I can feel it getting stronger too. I think we have to keep at it and accept occasional set backs. Movement seems to be essential for recovery so I just keep pushing. Celebrate your success and here's to many more days of getting out of bed without falling over.
mama mac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-10-2015), MissyJ (09-10-2015), RSD ME (09-10-2015), tigerlily7777 (09-12-2015), visioniosiv (09-10-2015)