View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks so much for your response Bryanna. In answer to your questions:

1) I am a former light smoker - clean 15+ years now

2) I have had regular dental care my whole life; the past 20+ years by the same dentist, who I am placing some of the blame on for the predicament I'm in ... have been complaining about my upper right for over 5 years. He just does a deep cleaning and says I always "heal well". Never any mention of decayed teeth under crowns ....

3) I have no root-canaled teeth.

4) I do not know if debridement was done on this extraction - he was in/out of my mouth very quickly, and I never remember anything like that done

5-6) No

7) Tooth# 3/1st molar is not RC; however I have been told there is some decay; minimal bone loss on the side.

8) That area has had intermittent soreness for many years, but never like this. My bit has been off/sore as well - although this could be due to swelling in the gums?

9) No drainage that I'm aware of.

10) I have never had any sinus issues that I'm aware of.

11) No RC teeth ... just some decay as mentioned above.

From your question - see my answer following .....
I ASSUME YOU ARE REFERRING TO THE RIGHT SIDE, CORRECT? Yes.
DOES THE SWELLING AND PRESSURE BEGIN AT YOUR LOWER JAW OR THE TMJ AREA (NEAR YOUR EAR) AND RADIATE UP TO THE TOP OF YOUR CHEEK? Not to my ear really no; more from my jaw to up my cheek.
IS THE SWELLING VISIBLE ON THE INSIDE AND/OR OUTSIDE OF THE FACE? Not really that visible to others, but I see it.
THE PAIN WHEN YOU SMILE INDICATES THERE IS TISSUE INFLAMMATION AND POSSIBLE MUSCLE INFLAMMATION AS WELL. WAS THIS OCCURRING PRIOR TO THE EXTRACTION OF #2? The pain is pretty minimal when I smile atm. I did not have this prior to the extraction, but did have similar and mild jaw/facial pressure. Also want to mention I had gum-pocket surgery in 12/2013 in this area - something else my dentist thought would help, I guess. It seems like it only aggravated things, and I feel is was unnecessary.

I am familiar with Bio-dentists and went to see one over 50 miles away prior to this extraction. I like what he stands for, but was not that impressed. He was the one who initially told me I needed to have both Tooth# 2 & 3 extracted and get implants ... and it would have to be done by his OS friend down the street. He dropped a bomb on me that day; also telling me about the mercury amalgams above these crowns. I was quite upset. Additionally, he was very shaky when in my mouth. I don't know if I'd want to go back to him. There is a bio-dentist a few miles away from me who I've also seen, but when I saw him a few weeks ago (prior to the extraction) he said I'd have to go somewhere else b/c he didn't do extractions, RCs, etc. He gave me the name of a conventional endodontist who does RCs. I DON'T WANT A RC DONE.

To sum things up, I certainly know the dangers of antibiotics (and all drugs for that matter); but I have been SO desperate for help over the past few months. I have been taking double doses of my probiotics (2-3 hours separately from the antibiotic); they are quality - Dr. Joseph Mercola's brand (he's my hero). I have seen about 7 different dentists/OS within the past 1.5 months just to get opinions on everything. I honestly don't know who to trust anymore. Besides that I have been out of work, have no income (divorced) and no dental insurance. Living off my savings and CC's. It has been x-difficult to say the least .... Can you recommend someone in my area? My zip is 19805 - Wilmington, DE - Philadelphia.

I (think) I attached 3 files - these x-rays were done the end of July when I went to an emergency dentist due to pain/soreness - prior to the extraction.

I will appreciate any help you can give me. This has been exhausting and I need to get back to some kind of life
Attached Thumbnails
Post-extraction Swelling/Discomfort 3+ weeks-x0376702-jpg   Post-extraction Swelling/Discomfort 3+ weeks-x0376703-jpg   Post-extraction Swelling/Discomfort 3+ weeks-x0376704-jpg  
bchristine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote