View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Kitty, my DD gets that way if she sits in the back seat of the car, or if the windshield is curved too much at the sides...never close your eyes in the car--it adds to the vertigo. Try to keep your sight glancing at a horizon somewhere every 30 seconds or so--it gives your sight stability.
Maybe closing one eye would help some--your eyes may not give your brain equal information and that might be causing your vertigo.
Talking to an eye doc or maybe look up the problem on the internet might give you some help. If sitting either in the front or back seat makes it worse, try the opposite and see if it is reduced.

Arrgghhh, the aggravating sxs that this stupid disease gives us...
Come to think of it my worst episode of motion sickness was when I was a passenger in the back seat. My DIL's Dad was driving and he drives like a maniac! Switching lanes, speeding up, slowing down quickly and taking sharp turns. I have never been so glad to get out of a car in my life!

Your comment about my eyes possibly not giving my brain equal information makes a lot of sense. I'll ask about that. I need to go to the eye doctor again soon anyway. I have lost some weight and guess what are too loose now? My GLASSES!! Of all things! Couldn't have been my jeans.....oh, no......has to be my glasses! Guess I lost weight in my head!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-11-2015), Blessings2You (09-10-2015), Debbie D (09-11-2015)