View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 09:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
Hi Icelander and welcome to the forum.

You sound like a very compassionate, intelligent and forgiving person.
Like Eva, I lost an only son to suicide, gun in mouth many years ago.

I believe we suffer differently depending on whether you are a child who has lost a parent to suicide or are a parent who loses a child that way.

I understand the difference and am watching and listening carefully to this surviving now man who believes that his father, my wonderful son, was a selfish coward.

Hugs for the room.
Thank you. I try for compassion and empathy at every turn. There is not enough of that in our world. I have great compassion and now empathy for those who feel that suicide is their best or only option. IMO it's rarely a cowardly act but certainly can be. But I'll never try to second guess what another is feeling and I believe it's only logical that each person should be in charge of their own life and make their own decisions. For the person in unrelenting pain it can be a blessing in the extreme.

And here's something to consider. A child living with a parent who is depressed and in extreme pain and has almost no energy to give might be affected negatively by that. Just as much as losing that parent. Children need a lot of nurturing.
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-11-2015), barbo (09-11-2015), dancinglady (10-03-2015), Wren (09-11-2015)