View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
If I read any more negative, depressing, non-success, nothing a person can to fix or stop this problem in its tracks, hopeless posts on this forum I am going to start thinking about ending it. Everyone on the neuropathy forum talks about their pain, suffering, hopelessness, struggle. I am assuming that people who have successfully managed their illness have left the site. Everyday one more post talks about progression. One more post talks about not being able to control anything about the disease effectively. It sounds like I am in the very early stages and in a couple of months I won't be able to move and will be in so much pain I will suffer endlessly with no hope of relief. If this is my future there will be none. The reason I am posting here is because the moderators said that if I post anything about suicide it has to be here. HELP. Does anyone have a success story of getting better or is this just the start to my end. As one poster put it "self delivery". I am hoping the people on the site are the few not the majority of neuropathy sufferers. I guess people have their reasons why they want to stay alive with all of this horrible pain. I do not.
Depends on the individual and their neuropathy. Many have it and it progresses little over many years. That's not usually the folk here and in my research you are correct. Us with severe neuropathy don't often get better. I'm about where you are. I'm pretty certain that I'll be in the extreme pain group soon. I have no desire to live like that. That's just the way it goes.

I look at things this way. I'm mortal and I shall die from something no matter what. So by choosing the time of my own death I'm really not doing much to alter where I'm going anyway, just the timing. And I'd not do it at all if I wasn't in a body being tortured physically. I see no reason to consider that a life.
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-13-2015), barbo (09-11-2015), dancinglady (09-10-2015), DejaVu (09-11-2015), eva5667faliure (09-11-2015), Mark56 (09-13-2015), Wren (09-11-2015)