View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 06:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you DejaVu :)

[QUOTE=DejaVu;1170114]Hi Debi,

You have a lot on your plate.

My dad had passed just a couple of years ago. This left too much for my mother to deal with. My dad still had a business, etc.

My mother's attorney had suggested a person he often recommends to widows/families in these situations. This person took over handling the finances, the insurance claims and more, immediately. In addition, she is "bonded."

She is a member of a national organization, " American Association of Daily Money Managers." (AADM) www.AADMM.com

I do not know if all of the certified representatives/money managers for AADMM are bonded or not. I also do not know if they each offer all of the services she has offered to my mother.

The AADMM suggests many questions be asked of any of their members/representatives : http://www.aadmm.com/questions_to_ask.htm

She has been able to go over Social Security information. She has gone over Medicare and many "medigap" insurance policies and explains them to my mother, helping my mother to make choices on these. She has been able to review insurance claims and explain them.
She has made calls to insurers to clarify coverage, to appeal decisions, and also to assist my mother in choosing new plans, etc.

She also deals with the banks, the tax attorneys, etc.

She was able to come into the situation immediately, deciphered my dad's business accounting, set up a more comprehensive and easier accounting program for the business, as well as for household accounting (and budget). She had this all done very quickly. She has helped my mother and our family in a truly significant way, during a very trying time.

I want to mention this organization to you, incase this is something you may find helpful. Your attorney may know of a similar type of a professional available to assist you, should you desire assistance.

Love and Prayers,
DejaVu[/QUOTE

I'm going to read up on this....if not to help me then hopefully someone else in the future.

Debi in Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-11-2015), ger715 (09-12-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015)