View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 10:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart brachial plexus injury

Hi all,
Very glad to have found this group. My husband was involved in a motorcycle accident on 7 July 2015 and avulsed his C5. He underwent a triple nerve transfer on 31/8/2015, with the prognosis being minimum of one year to see any signs of use of his right arm again. (It is paralysed). He has also suffered severe nerve damage to his hand though, and it's the nerve pain in the hand rather than the arm which is so debilitating. It actually seems to have gotten worse, with him having to take to bed quite often at midday because the pain is so intense and he cannot function. He's currently on Lyrica, Tegratol, Dolorol Forte and Tramahexal for the pain. Today the surgeon added Tripelene. At best he is completely out of it on this cocktail of meds but relatively pain free. At worst, he's wanting to pass out from the pain.

I have recently started him on Vitamins B and D, Omega 3 and from tomorrow Alpha Lipoiec Acid. I recently read about the Lido Flex patch that contains lidocaine - seems as if some people have had some relief when using it. I have had to import it from the States - praying that it offer SOME kind of relief.

I'm really hoping to find some help on this forum. His life has been ripped apart in the blink of an eye and I am trying very hard to be strong enough to see our family through this.
linfoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (09-11-2015), Enna70 (09-11-2015), Lara (09-11-2015)