View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

bchristine,

I sent you a personal message from this forum.
On the top right of this page where it says Welcome, bchristine... private the words private messages will be highlighted... click on that..... then open up my message to you. The dentist information is in there.

I can understand your concerns about traveling an hour or so to see a dentist. It can add stress and expense to an already stressful and expensive situation. I don't personally know of anyone closer to you that I would feel comfortable recommending. Take a look at this link and scroll through these names. Let me know if you've seen any of them or if any of them are closer than KOP to you.

Regarding the balance on your account with your original dentist... this will be a tricky thing as you may not be able to pay that and take on more expenses. Let me say that irrelevant of your payment arrangement with him, there is no excuse for him not to properly diagnose tooth decay. The other dentists that you have seen recently, have any of them performed a comprehensive examination and full mouth xrays on you? Have any provided you with a written treatment plan for your entire mouth?

In order to submit a written complaint to the dental board, you need to be able to provide a history of your dental problems and treatment along with proper radio graphic proof of mis or inappropriate diagnosis resulting in unnecessary or negligent dental treatment that caused further dental problems, even loss of teeth. The xrays of your upper right, clearly show dental decay under the crowns of teeth #2 and 3. If those xrays were taken after the insertion of the new crown on #3, then it's obvious the decay was not diagnosed. I cannot comment on the health of the rest of your teeth as you have only provided xrays of the upper right.

The one thing that can prevent a positive outcome for the patient who files a legitimate complaint with the dental board is if the dentist can prove that the patient was not compliant in some way. For example, refusing diagnostic xrays... not following through with appointments ..... not receiving routine preventive dental cleanings ..... chronic poor oral hygiene .... lifestyle choices that promote poor dental health like smoking, alcohol, poor diet ..... things like that.

Question.... what has the original dentist said about having to extract #2? Is he aware that you are seeing other dentists?

Regarding the periodontist fee for the (crown lengthening?) procedure on #2 ...... if there was decay on the xrays taken just prior to that procedure and you were not informed about it, he too can be held liable for withholding diagnostic information from you and for performing a procedure on a tooth without proper diagnosis.

The dentist I recommended in PA will be honest with you. His examination is very thorough and complete. All of his findings and recommended treatment are noted on your digital chart. It would be best if you went there or wherever as a new patient and did not go in with a grudge against your previous dentist. You have to keep in mind that no one wants to be put in a situation where they feel the patient wants them to go against another colleague. My recommendation would be to present yourself as someone who is concerned about the health of your teeth from a holistic aspect and the unexpected recent extraction of your tooth has prompted you to get another set of eyes to evaluate the health of your teeth very carefully. Do not mention that you have an outstanding balance with anyone as that can raise flags that don't need to be raised. Keep in mind that you are seeking an unbiased, honest evaluation of your dental health.

Check your personal messages for the dentist info.

Bryana

QUOTE=bchristine;1170257]Thank you Bryanna.

Not good news by any means, but your information appears to be more thorough and explicit than any other dental "professional" that I have seen over the past few months. I am truly grateful to you for taking the time to evaluate my situation. I have been so frustrated, to put it mildly.

In answer to your question about the x-rays: I believe my dentist (now "ex-dentist") did a full series once every 2 years; they were not done yearly.

I had been complaining about my upper right for at least 5 years, but another rider to this bad situation is that I have been carrying a balance with this dentist for the past 20 years ... it's currently around $4000. He has never charged me interest and lets me pay whatever I can afford each month. In addition, I have 4 more months of payments to the periodontist for the gum surgery back in 2013 which I believe now was unnecessary and may have aggravated the issues I'm having...

The fact that I owe and have been paying out so much money to these Drs. for not properly diagnosing or caring for my teeth really angers me. Do you think I have any restitution for the one dentist?

I am SO hoping this dentist in PA you are recommending can truly help me; however I am a bit concerned that they are not local when I may need so much work done. Do you need my email?

Again, thank you so much Bryanna.[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote