View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 10:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I waited too long before going for a study. I wished I had done it many years before.
3 times before going to a clinic, I was given the oxygen monitor to use a few nights. I always passed with flying colors. My oxygen stayed within normal limits. I don't snore. My husband never noticed me not breathing. I do have bad dreams and would wake a few times but was always able to go back to sleep right away.

I met with a pulmonologists who specializes in neurology for different reasons other than sleep. She wanted me to have a study.

I filled out the survey. My answers wouldn't warrant any concern that I would have a problem other than sometimes not being rested in the morning.

I did the study. I went at 9pm, to a hospital room that looked like a hotel room.
They gave me a bipap because they wanted me to rest my muscles at night which I wouldn't use. (this would not relate to you in any way)
They connected me to many electrodes.
I slept right away waking up maybe 2 times I could remember.
I never fell below 85% oxygen
I didn't snore
But I did wake up over 90 times which is very bad.

Had I done the test sooner I could have caught this much earlier in my life. It is something easy to rule out. I am still hopeful for improvement but maybe it could have been nipped in the bud sooner.

Had I seen a regular sleep doctor I'm not sure they would have found any problem at all based on normal criteria.

Your nerves need proper sleep to heal.

I would look for a good doctor.
February is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (10-31-2015)