View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 11:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Great Work so Far

BioBase - Great work so far. The first weeks were the worst for me, but every day got better. I started out on the couch tapping my RSD foot on the side of the couch, and it hurt a LOT. Eventually it hurt less - but I did this for 8 hours a day!! When I could do that, I started to tap it with more pressure and so I progressed little by little. Eventually putting some weight on my foot and beginning to put weight on with crutches. At some point I was walking with extreme pain, but I was walking. I fell sometimes. I kept going though, and eventually I ran. I have been walking for 5 years now, I think. The only time the RSD gets me down is if I have to "baby" another injury and NOT walk or run. If I rest for even one day it creeps back in. I walk when I'm sick, I walk when I'm injured, I walk at least 2 miles a day on my bad days and it works for me and keeps the RSD at bay. I have moments of pain still but I get up and walk when I get those. For me, its the best therapy. No drugs, just walking. I also don't immobilize anything, ever. Broken bones, torn ligaments all need to be rehabbed without splinting. It has saved me. Good luck on your continued progress!!
BioBased (09-11-2015), mama mac (09-11-2015), MissyJ (09-11-2015), visioniosiv (09-11-2015)