View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 01:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Bryanna,

I got the information on the dentist in KOP. This dentist sounds like who I need to see, and it looks like he can take care of multiple issues, which is also good. I will call (or email) this weekend to see how soon I can get an appointment. Hopefully it can be next week, but I see they are only open 3 days a week. I appreciate the information on what to say to the new dentist also. You're brilliant.

I feel a tiny bit better just knowing that I have some kind of plan ... thanks to you I'm concerned about the expense, but at this point I will just have to do what I have to do and figure it out later.

In answer to your question: my "ex" dentist has no idea I've been seeing other dentists over the past almost two months. He has no idea about the extraction either.

I'm scheduled to see him the end of this month for a 6 mo check-up, but I will be cancelling. I think from what you are saying I should start fresh with everything, including x-rays - and not call his office for them .... or should I? The way my account is set up, I don't actually know what I have/have not paid for. I do know that I will not be paying the entire balance - namely for the remake of the crown on the decayed tooth from June.

Thank you for the information on recovering money from these dentists, which I may refer to at a later time. I think momentarily I will just focus on getting these issues under control. I'm already stressed out enough.

Question: Knowing what you know about my situation ... and the fact that I am not improving as far as the swelling and sore areas in my mouth, do you think I should continue taking the antibiotics? I have been taking them consistently since Tuesday night, and have about 3 days (if that) worth left. I have not gotten worse, but not really any better either. I don't have any real consistent pain, but I want to do the right thing until I can be evaluated.
Also, would you advise oil-pulling with a few drops of oil of oregano to keep additional bacteria/infection from setting in? I want to do everything I can so this extraction site does not get any worse than it already is.

Sincerely grateful .....
bchristine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote