View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 03:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Pinkynose,

As part of my PCP's annual exam, he has his patient's complete an online questionnaire each year at his website before coming in for the exam.

When I went in, he told me I failed the Epworth test. I said the "What test?" He said the questions about my sleep. He said he was going to schedule me for a sleep study at the hospital. Well, no one has contacted me yet to set it up so I think the paperwork fell through the cracks. Not sure if I should just let it go or follow-up on it and do it.

Until I developed all sorts of medical problems, I slept like a log. The minute my head hit the pillow at night, I was out like a light. Slept soundly all night and woke feeling rested.

Since my medical issues, my sleep is not only erratic but I NEVER feel rested. I am tired ALL the time and the amount of sleep has NO effect on my energy level. Not only am I tired, but I also get an attack of the "sleepies" and can NOT keep my eyes open no matter how hard I try. I will almost fall off the chair when this happens and it happens frequently. When talking with my doc, I differentiate my fatigue from my sleepiness. I have them both, but they do not always coincide.

Personally, I think my medications and my illnesses have more to do with my sleep issues than anything else.

I guess I will have the sleep study if the subject comes up again with my doctor but until then, I will probably just let the matter stay in the crack in which it fell.

Let us know if you have your study done and the results if you wish to share them with us.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (10-31-2015)