View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

bchristine,

Okay good. Yes, that dentist is highly skilled and very experienced in oral surgery and all restorative procedures. He does not condone or perform root canals, just so you know. If someone adamantly wants to have a root canal, he refers them to someone in PA.

It would be IDEAL to have all of your xrays taken by your original dentist, the periodontist and whomever else you have seen over the last 3 years emailed to you. Then you can forward them to your new dentist after you make the appointment. The reason being is that the xrays will help the new dentist get a clear history on the progression of your dental problems. So you would have to actually explain very little

Irrelevant of whether you owe money to the original dentist or not, the xrays belong to you and legally he cannot withhold their release from you. When you call the office to retrieve the xrays, they will ask why you want them. To keep things simple but put a bug in his ear, you could say.... remember that ongoing problem that I've had on the upper right side second molar? Well I've decided to get another opinion on that area and I would like my whole mouth to be evaluated at the same time. As I said, they cannot refuse to release your xrays to you. They may ask you to sign a release form for them, that's okay. They may even bring up your balance and get a bit defensive with you seeking another opinion when they've "been so good to you". Don't scream.... just politely say how appreciative you are with the generous payment plan but you want your xrays. If you can email them instead of calling... that may be better yet! Just be sure to have them in your possession before you see another dentist.

Do not stop the antibiotic. Take the entire rx. You have to keep in mind that the problem that may be occurring at the extraction site would be deep and not at the gum level. So rinsing is helpful as it draws bacteria out and down from the site. But ingesting something is also helpful. So how do you feel about increasing the oregano oil? Do you have oil caps you can take? Also, do you eat garlic? If you can get at least one clove of garlic a day in your diet that would be helpful too. How about vitamin C? Which brand do you take? I personally use Perque Potent C Guard powder and I take about 3500 or so mgs on a daily basis. How about organic herbal tea... like turmeric to reduce inflammation and pomegranate tea is a great anti bacterial and a potent anti oxidant. I like NUMI organic turmeric tea and Tulsi pomegranate green tea. I even make ice pops out of the pomegranate tea )

Do not cancel that cc appointment yet with the original dentist as that may send up a red flag which you do not need at this time. If you cannot get in to see a dentist before that appt, then cancel it. That would be my suggestion.

Don't mention anything about your balance to anyone just yet. Let's see how the chips fall and take it from there. Okay?

... you're welcome ~'.'~ hang in there!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote