Thread: Block Tomorrow?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello New York Mets. Sorry you have been added to the membership of the RSD club. I have been having lumbar injections, one in each sacroiliac joint every 4 months or so for five years now. I could not function without them. My pain level before my last injection was about a 20! Because of allergies I am unable to take many of the things others take daily for pain like Lyrica, gabapentan, opiates, a long list. So restricting my activities & the injections are my main source of relief. I do soak my feet in lukewarm Epsom salt water at least once daily & I take muscle relaxers daily. I have a topical, Voltaren gel that I use for nightly flare ups. Oops I forgot the lidocaine patches so I can wear sandals. I do use a cane (I'm an old lady), & a wheelchair for long walking. Forgot to say mine is in both feet, ankles & lower legs.

Back to the injections. I get lidocaine in with the depo medrol so I get some quick relief but not a lot. I normally stay quiet for 3-4 days afterwards. My relief comes gradually over 5-7-10 days. I even had one injection that I got total relief for about 2 weeks + before I began sliding back into the pain. I've also had 2 bad reactions but recovered within 2 weeks of both & had relief from the burning searing pain. I do not have anesthesia because I have an allergic reaction & severe nausea & it isn't worth the added recovery time. I believe my neurologist is very good at what he does & I trust his placement of the needle.

My doc sprays the injection site with a cold numbing spray. Once in a while I have a bit of discomfort at the injection site but not normally.

Last edited by gramE; 09-11-2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Adding affected area
gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (09-17-2015)